Friday, May 10, 2013

Made it!

My first year on the tenure track is officially over!

Grades were finished Tuesday, assessments forms Wednesday, and my article for the semester today.
Alas, being pregnant means no alcohol to celebrate, but I did make a delicious apple spice cake with maple cream cheese frosting to celebrate turning in grades Tuesday, and ba2lawa for a colleague's retirement party Wednesday.  My husband is currently making caramel ice cream, which I can use to celebrate completing my article.  The disappointing part of all of this is that it turns out pregnancy, instead of allowing me to devour copious amounts of food as I had always believed, is squashing my stomach and making it nearly impossible to consume normal amounts of anything, even my favorite treats.  Well, five more weeks to go!

I'm also in a bit of a conundrum with this article, which came together far more quickly at the end than I was expecting.  I'm submitting to an edited book, and the deadline for submission isn't until June 30.  Due to baby, I was hoping to finish by the end of May, but I'm done now.  So do I submit 7 weeks early, or wait? I've ever been a procrastinator, but isn't finishing something 7 weeks early ridiculous to begin with?

2 comments:

  1. Submit 7 weeks early! Get that off your to-do list. Pregnancy always made me super productive that last stretch too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What on earth could be the benefit of waiting to submit the chapter, if you have already composed it to your satisfaction?

    I have to assume also that nicoleandmaggie know what she/they is/are talking about. (That blog is HELL on gendered referents!)

    ReplyDelete