Wednesday, August 8, 2012

IRB Headache

This morning, I decided to get the paperwork together to open my dissertation study with the IRB at my new university.  I thought, given that I had IRB approval at my old university and I am not longer collecting data, but just analyzing it (but it has identifiers, damn photos!) this would be relatively straightforward.  I should have known that with the IRB, nothing ever is.  

Eight hours and three phone calls to the IRB later (with different answers from different people each time) I think I have all the documents ready to go to my chair to sign and then send on to the IRB.  I also have a headache, and a hipache from too much sitting.  Ugh.  

1 comment:

  1. Remember to keep every minor document regarding IRB. I know somebody who went up for tenure last year and was put through hell because a few IRB documents were missing from hir tenure file.

    ReplyDelete