Sunday, July 1, 2012

Old Diary Gems

While sorting through and shredding various diary-like writings, tucked away among the angst over various crushes (with whom, elhamdulilah, I did not end up), I found the following gem from the summer following my college graduation.  It seems especially cute and naive at this point in my life:
I think I need to invent a job for myself that makes use of my language skills, so I retain them, and somehow involves academics, and not a lot of office work, and traveling, and cultural exchange--oh, I have no idea how I'm going to do this.
Turns out, I didn't have to invent a job at all :-).  On the other hand, I still haven't figured this one out, although I have learned that it is one of the things that makes life worth living:
I wish there was something I didn't want to learn about--I'll never have enough time.  

No comments:

Post a Comment