Sunday, March 11, 2012

Spring Break Dissertation Writing Complete!

Late last night, I finished the chapter I've been working on all break.  When I pasted it into Mellel to do the final formatting I was surprised to discover that it was 125 pages long (or 39,245 words for those that like it that way).  A lot of that is quotes from my interviews and other data, many of which have to be translated and thus double in size.  I knew it was long, because it took forever to edit, but I didn't quite realize it was longer than some complete dissertations in my program! Thus, my new nickname for my dissertation is الوحش!

In any case, I though I was 1-0 with el-wa7sh, having wrestled him into submission a day before Spring Break ends, which means I would have today for some lesson planning and relaxing.  Alas, el-wa7sh had other plans, and went racing through my brain causing serious insomnia, which meant that when I finally did fall asleep, I slept late, and then there was daylight savings so it's even later, and now I feel like the day's over before it began.  So perhaps the score is 1-1.

But hey, that chapter's done!

4 comments:

  1. I Appreciated What You Have Done here. I am Always searching for informative information like this. Thanks for sharing with us.
    dissertation Writing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very appreciable ..just bookmarked your blog very good..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you do your dissertation writing at spring break? If so, then you certainly use your spring break wisely. I think writing phd dissertation can really be hard, so it is a good idea to spend some time doing it. Otherwise you might find yourself cramming for deadlines that would make things harder.

    ReplyDelete