Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Dissertation Addiction

Is it possible to be addicted to your dissertation? Because now that the end is in sight, I kind of can't stop working on it.  Even when I know I should be sleeping, my mind is racing through the pages, and when I can't sleep, I'm tempted to just work on it in the middle of the night, although so far I've convinced myself this isn't good.  I get annoyed when I have to stop to teach (and I love teaching!) and it takes me half an hour to comment on a blog, because I open the page, go back to my dissertation, type a sentence, go back to my dissertation, eventually finish the comment, go back to my dissertation, and then post it.  I feel like I could take a break, and still submit my draft on time, but I just want to be done.  But then I'll start something else . . .

2 comments:

  1. I go through love hate periods, where the love periods I become super-productive and the hate periods I avoid at all costs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let it ride. We all go through enough periods of writing drought that you have to milk the productive times for all they're worth.

    ReplyDelete