Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Back to transcription!

I put an exclamation point in the title hoping it would make me excited for transcription.  It didn't work.  I have a mere ten more interviews to go, and am hoping to do one a day.  So far this has worked, except for the days when I've been grading finals, which seems reasonable.  Then I will be done, and can celebrate with the honey mead that has been mocking me from the fridge all semester.

Of course, refreshing my inbox every thirty seconds, and staring it trying to conjure up an email from a search committee also limits my productivity.  So far, I can only say that I am adept at conjuring up emails urging me to take advantage of last minute Christmas sales.

My legs hurt from a half-hour of split high-cutting last night, as well being consistently occupied by one of two lap-addicted cats.  On the other hand, the rest of dance class was spent choreographing to Christmas Carols for upcoming shows, which are turning out well.  

In addition to finishing transcription, I am hoping to finish a chapter of my dissertation over break.  This is the hardest, but also the most interesting chapter in my dissertation.  We'll see how it goes.

I may also do some baking updates, as now that I am back in the US, I have access to all my traditional American baking goods and ingredients.  Stay tuned for pies and cookies!

1 comment:

  1. GL I transcribed over 30 tapes for my dissertation and I still cringe thinking about it. Still I know that material inside and out decades later, nothing like type, rewind, replay, type to burn it into your breain

    ReplyDelete