1) When my Facebook feed looks something like following (and it has since last January) I feel somewhere between depressed, annoyed, and angry:
Urgent medical supplies needed in Tahrir, call xxxxx
My dog just barfed up turkey. Ewwwww!!!
Protesters pouring into the square, the battle rages on.
We want a coup! The people and the people are one hand!
My team won! Off to get shit-faced.
2) Writing cover letters for a month straight makes writing my dissertation positively exciting. Unfortunately, I can't say the same about transcription, which I have not yet resumed.
3) A textbook is a textbook. It is not a curriculum, nor should it be expected to be one. Complaining about the textbook is easy to do, and annoying when used as an excuse for poor teaching.
4) Why are meals advertised as all white meat, when dark meat is so much tastier? For that matter, why does anyone choose the white meat part of the turkey?
5) I have a new kilt! Pictures to follow soon.
6) Why are tank suit blouses so enormous? How can I wear a 00 suit blouse when the jacket is a 4 or a 6? More importantly, what do people who are actually 00 wear? Or do they just swim in the blouse? (Based on a sample size of three blouses, at two different stores).