Thursday, November 17, 2011

Dreaming my dissertation

Today, I spent a good fifteen minutes searching for a particular section of my dissertation.  I remembered the exact words I'd used and edited, but no amount of command F could bring up this particular part.  I read the whole chapter through looking for it.  In the end, I think I may have dreamed writing this section.  Luckily the memory was so vivid that I could immediately write it again.  I am not sure what this means, but I am choosing to interpret it at an indicator of the importance of sleep, since I apparently compose and edit quite well during this activity :-)

2 comments:

  1. I came up with the topic and the structure of my dissertation while swimming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, that was something new! Maybe you are a little stress out writing your dissertation that you even write on your dream. Or maybe, you like dissertation writing that much that you even on your dream, you are still writing. Either, I hope your dream of writing your dissertation help out one way or the other. How is it, anyway?

    ReplyDelete