Saturday, April 16, 2011

Transcription and Taxes

Yup, it's been an exciting weekend so far.  The good news is that I am done with the taxes, and I think (isa) I have hit upon a method that will actually allow me to transcribe.  It is the ten-minute timer rule, which shouldn't be anything new to anyone who reads anything about productivity.  Basically, I set a timer for ten minutes, transcribe, then set the timer again and do something else for ten minutes.  The key to this method is that I have to actually do something else for the other ten minutes--I've tried things like this before, trying to transcribe for half and hour and then take a ten minute break, or doing two ten minute sessions back to back, and I always burn out.  Now, while it seems like ten minutes hardly makes a dent in the amount of data I have to transcribe, I have to remind myself that slow and steady wins the race.

No comments:

Post a Comment