Thursday, February 24, 2011

i7baaT

The fellowship situation has become unbloggable, but I will say that discovering that you've been manipulated to appease someone else's conscience, with no regard for your own views, expertise, and opinion, sucks.  Especially when it ends your research and comes packaged with patronizing sexism, and you have nothing but time on your hands to write angry emails.

On the brighter side, I'm finally pursuing medical advice about my achilles tendon, and it appears that my parents live a mere two hours from leading experts.  So hopefully the end of my research will also mean the end of my achilles issues, and sooner rather than later.  Hopefully the experts will have something to say other than surgery and no more dancing.

I'm trying very hard to be optimistic about my current situation, and the opportunities that it could give me. It's just so difficult.

1 comment:

  1. I know very well how you feel, unfortunately. This is a very difficult situation. Good luck to you, and stay strong!

    ReplyDelete