Friday, February 11, 2011

Hefla!

When I was in middle school, my history teacher told us that there would be historical moments in our lives that were so important we would remember the exact place we were sitting, and exactly what we were doing.  I wondered what these moments would be for me, what could be so important.

The first one for me was September 11, 2001.  I was sitting in my friend's apartment in baladelba7th learning the local version of loghatelba7th, when he rushed in to say that a plane was hitting the twin towers on TV.

The second one was today.  I was sitting in my parents' house transcribing my dissertation research when my mother rushed in to say that her friend had called to tell her the president resigned.

I seem to have my countries confused in terms of location.  I don't know what will happen next for my dear baladelba7th, but for now I'm out to purchase the alcoholic ingredients for karkadee margaritas, to go with the karkadee I stuck in my bag leaving baladleba7th.

1 comment:

  1. I know this sounds strange, but I am proud of you for thinking to depart with your stash of karkaday. I consider that a sign of wisdom and foresight.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete