Friday, January 21, 2011

Karakadee Margaritas

So here is the recipe.  I'm pretty sure the proportions are up to preference, and I measure it on my glass anyway, so I don't know what the real measurements are.  They've never come out poorly though, even in different glasses.  And even when my husband makes it for me because I am trapped by the lap cat.

Fill glass with 3 ice cubes
Fill 1/4 with tequila
Add a heavy splash of cointreau or triple sec
Fill up glass with very lightly sweetened karkadee (boil hibiscus flowers and a small amount of sugar--I favor one spoonful per cup)
Squeeze in a lemon or half a lemon

Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Most interesting! I'm eager to give this recipe a shot. How irking that I lack triple sec.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds scrumptious. I'll have to try these.

    ReplyDelete