Monday, November 22, 2010

Grrr!

So today I made it all the way to medinat el-ba7r just to have everything fall through and turn around and come home again, after a fight with the station master to get me off the 10:00 train and onto another one.  I've switched tickets before for a fine, so I'm not sure what the problem was this time, but I had to insist and insist, and I was getting quite frustrated.  Which is another problem, because when I get frustrated, I cry, a highly embarrassing reaction that I am much too old for.  So I'm insisting to the station manager and his cronies that I have changed my ticket for a fine the day off before, and then I burst out crying, in the middle of the train station.  Which of course draws even more attention than before.  Bleh.  To make a long story short, I did get the ticket changed, without a fine (a positive benefit of the embarrassing crying reaction).  And thus I spent ten straight hours on transportation, between metro, train, and taxi with no research benefit whatsoever.  Even worse, I finished the short story collection I was reading with two hours to spare.  Luckily a stiff drink and leftover Indian food was waiting at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment